- General Use of the ServicePermissions and Restrictions
GennieTV hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without GennieTVs prior written authorization, unless GennieTV makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
- You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, or other explicitly authorized means GennieTV may designate.
- You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain GennieTVs prior written approval:
- the sale of access to the Service;
- the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; or
- Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
- uploading original content to GennieTV, or maintaining an original channel on GennieTV, to promote your business or artistic enterprise; or
- any use that GennieTV expressly authorizes in writing.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, robots, spiders, or offline readers, that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser.
- In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws.
- GennieTV reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.Your Use of Content
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content.
- The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos (Marks) on the Service, are owned by or licensed to GennieTV, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
- Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of GennieTV or the respective licensors of the Content.
- You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
- You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that GennieTV is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against GennieTV with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless GennieTV, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.Your Content and Conduct
- You may submit Content to the Service. You understand that GennieTV does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to GennieTV all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to the Service, you hereby grant GennieTV a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and GennieTV (and its successors and affiliates) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in video Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your videos from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that GennieTV may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your content that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments you submit are perpetual and irrevocable.
- You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant GennieTV all of the license rights granted herein.
- You further agree that you will not submit to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to the GennieTV Community Guidelines, which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations.
- GennieTV does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and GennieTV expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. GennieTV does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and GennieTV will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on anothers intellectual property rights. GennieTV reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.Account Termination Policy
- GennieTV will terminate a users access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
- GennieTV reserves the right to decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, or excessive length. GennieTV may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a users account for submitting such material in violation of these Terms of Service.
- Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GENNIETV, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. GENNIETV MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITES CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. GENNIETV DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND GENNIETV WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL GENNIETV, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT GENNIETV SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Service is controlled and offered by GennieTV at its facilities in the USA. GennieTV makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GennieTV, its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
- Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Service is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the Service. There are lots of other great web sites for you. Talk to your parents about what sites are appropriate for you.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by GennieTV without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over GennieTV, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. These Terms of Service shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and GennieTV that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Santa Clara County, California. These Terms of Service, together with the Privacy Notice and any other legal notices published by GennieTV on the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and GennieTV concerning the Service. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and GennieTVs failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. GennieTV reserves the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Service following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND GENNIETV AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
GennieTV Inc. respects your privacy. This Privacy Statement explains what information we collect through our websites (the Sites), through our products and when you contact us for support, how we use that information, and what choices you have.
Please take a few moments to read this Privacy Statement. By accessing the Sites or using a GennieTV product, you agree to accept the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement and are aware that our policies may change in the future.
What information we collect
In various places on the Sites and through the GennieTV products, we collect Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, or other information that can be used to identify you or contact you. For example, we collect this information when you create an account, register for our message boards, sign up for our email newsletter, and purchase from our website or register a GennieTV product, download a software update, enter a sweepstakes or participate in surveys, promotions and give-away. From time to time in the future we may offer software updates, upgrades, additional features, services and promotional opportunities that would require you to submit Personally Identifiable Information to participate.
We also collect Anonymous Information such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, the pages on our Sites that you visit, the search terms that you enter or the advertisements that you click. Anonymous information can and will NOT be associated with Personally Identifiable Information.
We also collect the personal information of third parties that is provided by visitors who submit that personal data through our Sites, in connection with, for example, referrals or gift purchases.
GennieTV products upload usage information to GennieTV as part of their normal functioning. The collected information includes the specific identifiers of streams played, duration played, various quality measures, error logs, software version numbers, and other usage statistics. Usage information uploaded from GennieTV products is personally identifiable by product serial number. In some cases, serial numbers are associated with personally identifiable information for customer service and support.
The information collected from many users is aggregated for analysis and, in some instances, made generally available anonymously to users of GennieTV products and GennieTV services. For example, GennieTV may use such information to provide features such as lists of popular videos. GennieTV may also use personally identifiable information to make content recommendations to individual users.
If you do not wish GennieTV to use your information as described in this section, please follow the procedure in What Choices You Have below.
We do not intend that children will use the Sites. We do not solicit or knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age, nor will we accept registration from them.
How we use the information we collect
We use Personally Identifiable Information that you provided us to perform the services for which the data was collected, such as for order fulfillment, customer support and marketing activities, such as e-mail newsletters and sending you information about products and services that may be of interest to you. Later on in this Privacy Statement, we provide you with more information on how to opt-out of marketing communications.
We use non-Personally Identifiable Information to determine how people use the Sites and its services and to analyze usage and performance of our products and their software and features. For example this data tells us information including how often users click on our advertisements, which files are downloaded most frequently, and which areas of our site are the most popular. Analyzing this data allows us to improve our products and services.
How we share information
We sometimes use third parties to help with certain aspects of our operations, such as processing credit card payments and providing marketing assistance. When we supply Personally Identifiable Information to these third parties, we require them to use it only for the function they are contracted to perform.
We aggregate the Anonymous Information that we collect and exchange it with advertisers and others who are interested in our services.
What choices you have
If you register to use our bulletin boards, please remember that anything you post is publicly available. Your profile will also be available to other users of our bulletin board service.
During sessions in which you give us information such as credit card numbers, we encrypt your transmissions using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), and other security technology. This guards against the interception of the information while it is on the Internet. We keep the Personally Identifiable Information you provide on servers that are protected by firewalls and other technological means against intrusion or unauthorized access. They are located in a physically secure facility, and only our employees and agents with a need to know the information are given access. However, there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet. We rely on you to select passwords that cannot be guessed easily and to safeguard those passwords from disclosure. Third parties may unlawfully access transmissions or private communications. Please contact us if you have any information regarding unauthorized use of the Sites.
Social Network Advertising and Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads (WCA)
The GennieTV and Facebook Web Custom Audience is a specific Interest-Based Ads program that matches people that have shown interest in GennieTV through our website with their Facebook user profile so that we may deliver relevant, interest-based ads on Facebook.com. To find out more about Facebook ads programs,
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement or our policies, please contact GennieTV Inc. atemail.
You can initiate a return for most new and unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.* You must return items in new or unused condition with all original materials included with the shipment. We must receive your returned items at our processing facility within 45 days of delivery . We inspect all returned items and award a partial refund for opened or used products. If the return is a result of our error or defective product, we will refund the full cost of the merchandise and shipping charges.
If you initiate a return after 30 days, we may issue a partial refund* depending on elapsed time and condition of merchandise.
*This return policy does not apply to Marketplace Sellers. For the return policy on a Marketplace item, please refer to the Sellers individual policy, located on the product page by clicking on the Seller name
Defective Product and Returns Due to Our Error
You may return defective items, items damaged at the time of receipt, and incorrect items received without penalty.** Your return shipping charges will be waived.
When we receive your return, we inspect the item and provide a replacement or issue a refund. If the product is not defective, return shipping fees will apply and/or a partial refund may be issued.
Products Returned After 30 days
- Because products devalue over time, we offer partial refunds for items returned over 30 days after delivery
- We may reduce the refund based on the condition of the merchandise
- We may also deduct the original and return shipping charges from your refund
- If we send you a replacement item, we must receive the original item at our warehouse within 30 days your return initiation. Otherwise, we will charge you full price for the replacement item
Return Policy Rules and Exceptions
Our new online return process makes returning an item easier than ever. Just complete our simple, one-page form and receive your shipping label and return instructions instantly.